Shaving brushes are essential tools for anyone who takes pride in their grooming routine. They help to create a rich lather and distribute it evenly across the face or what ever you happen to be shaving, which leads to a more comfortable and enjoyable shave. However, to keep your shaving brush in good condition and prolong its lifespan, it is essential to clean and care for it regularly. In this post, we will explore some simple steps to help you clean and care for your shaving brush.
Don’t have one? Shop the Pure Shave Shaving Brush
Step by Step Guide
Rinse the Brush Thoroughly
After each use, rinse the brush thoroughly under running water to remove any remaining shaving cream or soap. Use warm water to soften the bristles and loosen any trapped dirt or debris.
Shake off Excess Water
Once you have rinsed the brush, shake off the excess water by holding the brush at the base of the handle and gently flicking your wrist. This will help to remove any excess water from the bristles and prevent them from becoming waterlogged.
Next, gently pat the brush dry with a clean towel. Avoid rubbing the bristles vigorously, as this can damage the delicate hairs and cause them to break or fall out. Once the brush is as dry as you can get it give it a final few shakes and flicks to separate the hairs to enable the air to get in-between the bristles.
Hang the Brush to Dry
After patting the brush dry, hang it upside down to dry. This will help to prevent any moisture from accumulating in the base of the bristles, which can cause the brush to develop a musty odour or even mould.
Check out the Pure Shave Shaving set with stand.
Deep Clean the Brush
In addition to regular rinsing and drying, it is important to deep clean your shaving brush every few weeks to remove any accumulated dirt or grime. To do this, you will need to:
- Fill a bowl with warm water and add a small amount of mild soap or shampoo.
- Swirl the brush in the soapy water for a few minutes, making sure to work the soap into the bristles.
- Rinse the brush thoroughly under running water to remove any remaining soap.
- Repeat the process if necessary until the water runs clear.
- Shake off any excess water and hang the brush upside down to dry.
Store the Brush Properly
To keep your shaving brush in top condition, it is important to store it properly when not in use. Ideally, you should keep your brush in a well-ventilated area where it can air dry completely between uses. Avoid storing your brush in a damp or humid environment, as this can promote the growth of bacteria and mould.
In addition to these basic care and cleaning steps, there are a few other tips you can follow to help prolong the lifespan of your shaving brush:
- Avoid using really hot water to clean your brush, as this can damage the delicate hairs and cause them to break or fall out.
- Never leave your brush soaking in water, as this can cause the bristles to become waterlogged and lose their shape.
- Be gentle when handling your brush, as rough handling can cause the hairs to break or become misshapen.
- Avoid using harsh or abrasive cleansers on your brush, as these can damage the delicate hairs and cause them to break or fall out.
Taking good care of your shaving brush is essential if you want it to last for years to come. By following these simple steps for cleaning and caring for your brush, you can ensure that it remains in top condition and provides you with many comfortable and enjoyable shaves. With proper care and attention, your shaving brush can become a cherished tool in your grooming arsenal and a symbol of your commitment to looking and feeling your best.
Read our review in GQ Magazine click to read
Reading from outside the UK and want to try Pure Shave? – Use the contact form to arrange purchase.