Firstly a little background. It is estimated that the cosmetic and beauty industry creates over 120 billion units of packaging every year, the real kick in the stomach is that most of this is not even recyclable.
That is a staggering figure and one that at some point, we as consumers, will have to start voting with our feet or purchases at least.
When setting up Pure Shave I did not want to be part of the problem but part of the solution, hence our refillable shaving cream. There is much more I would like to do in terms of our green and eco credentials but one step at a time.
As you have got this far, it may mean that you have purchased Pure Shave and are ready to refill. Thank you for joining the refill revolution and making the switch to refillable products.
Refilling your bottle could not be any easier
- Unscrew the pump head on your bottle and set aside
- Take the cap off of the refill pouch and holding the pouch at the bottom with one hand and at the neck of the pouch with the other hand, invert the pouch and gently squeeze into the neck of the bottle.
- Keep an eye on the level of the cream inside the bottle as it fills. You need to stop filling the bottle when the cream is about 3cm from the top. This is to stop the cream overflowing when you reinsert the pump head.
- Once filled simply screw the pump head back on and you are ready to go.
One important thing to mention is that I would suggest cleaning the bottle out after you have finished one refill pouch (ie after 3 refills).
To clean the bottle, rinse with warm water until the water emptied from the bottle comes out clear.
Top refill tip
Once you are down to your last refill in your pouch a great tip to make sure you get everything out of your pouch is as follows
- Lay the pouch down on a flat surface and from the bottom edge of the pouch (opposite end to the spout) start to roll the pouch up squeezing the shaving cream up towards the spout. I normally use a flat edge like a ruler to start this process.